25.05.2010 - Copenhagen
PC 163D: The new dimension in 3D gaming at home
Sennheiser Communications’ PC 163D headset plunges players headfirst into extraordinary home gaming. The reason is Sennheiser 7.1 channel surround sound – powered by Dolby* Headphone technology. In combination with Sennheiser’s unique audio quality, the 7.1 channels give true acoustic direction to all sounds in the gamescape. The PC 163D keeps players in touch with their surroundings and lets them enjoy a better airflow to the ears thanks to the open design. What’s good for gaming is good for listening to music and movies, too. The PC 163D gives players everything they need for any type of multimedia application.
Sennheiser Communications brought in their professional gaming team mTw to fine-tune every last detail – and it shows. The result of their extensive testing is the
Professional gamer Christoffer Sunde explains the benefits of 7.1 channel surround: “Thanks to the fantastic multichannel experience, we can now pinpoint the in-game competitor just by the sound.”
The combination of Sennheiser speaker and Dolby Headphone technologies enables the gamer to distinguish between near and distant sounds more accurately. The 360° coverage gives players the chance to hear footsteps behind a wall or detect where the opponent is coming from. They can hear a much wider area in the gamescape and stay one step ahead of the competition.
Sennheiser is synonymous with excellent audio quality, and the sound from the
PC 163D’s Sennheiser speakers shows why. They work together expertly with the headset’s 3D G4ME1 7.1 USB soundcard to deliver a more spacious 7.1 channel surround sound. Every professional-standard gaming headset should also have a microphone that’s just as high performing – and again Sennheiser Communications delivers. The noise canceling microphone makes sure your voice comes across clearly, and there’s an adjustable boom for more comfort and flexibility when using.
The design, too, makes the PC 163D comfortable to use. The open build keeps players aware of what’s going on around them and guarantees a continuous airflow to the ears. It also has an integrated volume control with mute that is really convenient. For a high-quality gaming headset, the PC 163D’s robust headband is refreshingly lightweight. You can get deep into the game without being weighed down.
The PC 163D will be available in May 2010.
The PC 163D at a glance
- More spacious sound field – 7.1 channel surround sound powered by Dolby Headphone to accurately pinpoint noises from all directions in the gamescape
- Superb Sennheiser stereo sound – Sennheiser quality speakers deliver great acoustic performance from games, music, movies and internet calls
- Gaming with a cool head – the open design ensures a continuous airflow to the ears and keeps you in touch with the action around you
- Lightweight and comfortable – forget you’re even wearing a headset, however long you play
- Noise canceling clarity – the microphone reduces ambient noise for crystal-clear conversations without the need to shout
- Integrated volume control & adjustable boom – the volume control with microphone mute switch is integrated on the cord and you can adjust the microphone boom as you like
- Peace of mind – thanks to the 2-year international warranty
About Sennheiser Communications:
Sennheiser Communications is the result of a joint venture between the electro acoustics specialist Sennheiser Electronic GmbH & Co. KG and the hearing healthcare specialist William Demant Holding Group. Decades of experience in professional music and hearing healthcare has helped the seven-year-old company produce award-winning, innovative headsets.
Download press release:
press_release_250510.zip (395 kB)
For more information, please contact:
Sennheiser Communications A/S – Silvia Puchovska
Phone: +45 5618 0000 – E-mail: email@example.com